Sunday 12 September 2010

Update on progress and sponsorship plea

First and foremost – an apology. I’ve been very slow to blog recently. But this hasn’t meant that I’m not continuing to tick off my list. Waiting in the wings (in my head) are blog posts about Sir John Soane’s museum, and about Dickens house. In addition, I’ve recently made a start on reading Anna Korenina and there are a few other activities that will count towards my list that are starting to be put in motion in one way or another.

Mostly though, I’ve been doing quite a lot of running. My half marathon is a month away (10 October) and my training is going well. These last couple of weeks have been very busy so I haven’t run much but on bank holiday morning I had a lovely early morning run all along the river from Richmond to just past Putney – 9 miles. That’s the furthest I’ve ever run and I struggled with boredom along the way so I felt pretty proud of myself when I finished (and pretty tired and achy afterwards!)

I ran nearly 6 miles before work on Thursday but won’t be able to do a long run now until next weekend when I plan to run 11 miles, the longest distance I’m supposed to do on my training. After that I’ll start to taper and just do shorter runs to keep up my fitness before the big day.  Before the 9 miles I'd been gradually working up with a slightly longer run every weekend and at least one short run and two outdoor workouts during the week.  Even recently when I haven't managed todo long runs so much, I've still been doing my 2 workouts and a short run during the week.

So as you can see, I’ve been working pretty hard at it. If you’re feeling generous, I’d really appreciate your support in this endeavour, either by coming along to support me on the day, or by sponsoring me at www.justgiving.com/Rhiannon-Looseley. The money I raise will go to the Bone Cancer Research Trust.

I'm about halfway to my target as I type this, but I hope to reach it quite soon. Although it would be great to exceed it, if yu want to sponsor me after I've exceeded and wouldn't be able to do so twice in a year (which would be fair enough!) then please save your sponsorship as I hope to run the London marathon for the same charity next year and I think I'll need to raise considerably more then so will definitely need all the support I can get.

Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment