Friday 11 March 2011

Seeing a ballet

On Wednesday we went to see Alice's Adventures in Wonderland performed by the royal ballet at the Royal Opera House. We decided to go for the whole experience and go for a meal in the restaurant as well. The tickets were only £5 so we could afford to treat ourselves!

Alice's adventure in Wonderland

I was a little bit uncertain about whether I'd enjoy the ballet. I saw quite a few ballets as a small child and my mum tells me I exclaimed loudly about how beautiful they were, but I wasn't sure how my adult self, devoid of childhood wonder would take to it. I needn't have worried. I can't quite explain why but I loved it. I felt transported by the grace and beauty of the dancing and the beautiful music. I've had quite a stressful last few weeks and during the ballet I felt like the tension was vanishing from my shoulders, it was lovely.

I'm really glad we went for the meal as well. The food was lovely and it felt like a real treat. Plus, added bonus, Liz Hurley was sitting two tables down from us at dinner!

Royal opera house

No comments:

Post a Comment